Applications are invited on prescribed form from interested officers of BS-19 of all occupational groups, services, cadres, public sector universities and candidates from the Private Sector including overseas Pakistanis fulfilling the requisite eligibility criteria for selection as Science Counselor in the Embassy of Pakistan in Beijing. Amongst others, the selected incumbent will be required to perform the following duties:
- Submitting policy recommendations based on reforms implemented in China for its National Innovation System that has contributed to China’s socio-economic development.
- Understanding R&D funding mechanisms in China and making recommendations for Pakistan vis-à-vis industry academia linkages for development of science and technology.
- Making recommendations enabling Pakistan to benefit from China’s role in multi-lateral fora on science and technology
Conditions for Eligibility:
- At least a Bachelors or Masters degree in any discipline of Applied/Natural Sciences or Engineering from a Higher Education Commission recognized national or any internationally reputed university.
- Government officers in promotion zone can apply subject to a notarized undertaking that (if selected) they will not demand promotion-related trainings/actualization of promotion at the same post/up-gradation of posts during their tenure.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in S&T Research & Development or Policy Analysis and Scientific/ Technological Management. (for government sector candidates)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engaging with multilateral/international fora. Exposure to business development in scientific and technological fields. (for private sector candidates)
- Fluency in Mandarin (Chinese) and familiarity with Chinese culture will be advantageous.
- The candidate should not be older than 45 years of age.
- Age will be calculated from closing date of receipt i.e. fifteen (15) days after publication of this advertisement.
- No TA/DA shall be admissible for test/interview.
- There shall be a written test in the areas of Science Diplomacy, Basic Sciences, English,Emerging technologies, science policies of other countries etc
- The candidates who pass the written test will be called for interview. They will have to bring original documents along with attested copies of testimonials/experience certificates.
- Applications, addressed to the undersigned, should reach within fifteen (15) days of publication of this advertisement as per prescribed form. Incomplete applications or those received after due date will not be entertained.
- Detailed TORs and prescribed application form can be seen at www.most.gov.pk before applying.
- The post is to be filled on tenure basis for a period of four (04) years from the date of appointment.
- For any queries, please feel free to reach the undersigned at the given contact number.
1-Constitution Avenue, G-5/2,
Opposite Prime Minister’s Secretariat, Islamabad.